West Virginia Online Sports Betting – Legal WV Sportsbooks
WV Sports Betting - Legal West Virginia Sportsbooks
Is Sports Betting Legal in West Virginia?
West Virginia became the fifth state to legalise sports betting in August of 2018 shortly after they signed a new bill into law.
Regulation of sports betting in West Virginia is the responsibility of the state lottery and caters for both in-store and mobile betting.
Currently, only three online sportsbooks are operating in West Virginia. DraftKings, FanDuel and BetMGM are the three available, but we expect more to open soon.
Best Online Sportsbooks in West Virginia
Legal Requirements to Bet in West Virginia
- In West Virginia, sports bettors must be 21 years of age or older to create an account online or place a bet at any of the retail outlets in the state.
- To place a bet online, you must also be located within the state borders, which is regulated by geolocating software built into the available sports betting apps.
Best Sports Betting Apps in West Virginia
Sports Betting in Person - Which WV Casinos Have Sportsbooks?
There are five casinos in West Virginia and all are licensed to offer sports betting on the premises. Two of the five, however, are not offering it at this time, which leaves the list of options at just three.
- Hollywood Casino, Charles Town
- The Greenbrier Resort, White Sulphur Springs (Private Club)
- Mountaineer Casino, New Cumberland
Online Race Betting in West Virgnia
As well as sports betting, West Virginia also has some of the best online horse racing brands in the United States available to its citizens. Click the banners below to view our full reivews of the TVG.com and BetAmerica product, where you can start betting on horse racing in West Virginia today!